Protein salad is a type of salad that is typically high in protein and can be made with a variety of ingredients. The main focus of a protein salad is to provide a healthy and filling meal that is rich in nutrients and energy.
Table of Contents
Protein Salad recipe
Today we will tell you about one such protein salad recipe through which you can keep your weight under control. Here is a simple and delicious recipe for a protein-packed salad:
- 2 cups of mixed greens (spinach, arugula, kale)
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup of red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup of cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup of sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine mixed greens, chickpeas, cherry tomatoes, red onion, cucumber, and crumbled feta cheese.
- Add the cooled quinoa to the bowl and mix well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- Top the salad with sliced almonds.
- Serve and enjoy!