How to make driving license in India: As we all know that in today’s time, it is necessary for every driver to have his driving license, which is issued by the Ministry of Road Transport and Employment. A driving license is a kind of government document, which shows that you are eligible to drive a vehicle on a public road, it officially gives you permission to drive a two-wheeler or a four-wheeler. Today, in this blog of The Bharat Yojana, I discuss how to make driving license in India, it’s Eligibility, Required Documents and Fees.
Now citizens will not need to go anywhere for a driving license and now they can easily apply for a driving license by applying online. Through our article, you will be able to know how to apply for an online driving license, and how to check the status of the application made for DL.
Table of Contents
Types of driving license
There are different types of driving licenses, which are issued for two-wheelers to four-wheelers, whose information is as follows.
- Light Motor Vehicle License (LMV)
- Learning License (Learning License)
- Heavy Motor Vehicle License (HMV)
- Permanent License
- International Driving License (International Driving License)
Eligibility for make driving license in India
- The applicant should be a citizen of India.
- The mental balance of the applicant should be correct.
- If the applicant wants Permanent Driving License then the age should be more than 18 years.
- If you want to take a learning license, then at least the age of the applicant should be 16 years and the consent of the parents should also be there.
Required Documents to make driving license online in India
Now online website has been started by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways to make driving license, now you do not need to go anywhere to make DL, you can apply sitting at home.
- Aadhar card
- Address proof
- Address Proof (Ration Card, PAN Card, Electricity Bill)
- Date of Birth Certificate (You can give 10th mark sheet, birth certificate, and identity card for your date of birth certificate),
- learning license number
- Passport size photo, signature, and mobile number, etc. are required.
Driving license fee in India
Talking about the fee for making a license, can be different for different states, but there is not much difference in the fee.
Actually, many types of driving licenses are also made. Such as learning license, permanent license, lite motor vehicle license, heavy motor vehicle license, international license, etc.
Initially, you have to get a learning license, which is made for scooters and bikes, after that you can get a license for cars and other big vehicles.
- 150 for a learning license.
- License test fee or repeat test fee Rs.50.
- Fee for the test, or for a repeat test (for each class of vehicle) is Rs.300.
- Rs 200 for issuing the driving license, Rs 200 for a commercial driving license.
- Rs 1000 for issuing International Driving Permit, Rs 200 for renewal of driving license.
- Fee on an application for a change of address in driving license is Rs.200.
- The conductor’s license fee is half of the driving license fee.
- The fee for the issue of a duplicate license is Rs.200.
- The fee for a duplicate conductor license is also half of the DL fee.
- Most of the driving license’s duration is up to 20 years, after that, you have to renew it.
We also said above that the fees for getting a driving license or other fees charged may vary from state to state, although there is not much difference between them, on average the fees remain almost the same.
How to make driving license in India
Now the time to know How to make driving license in India. But Before getting a driving license, you must have a learning license. If you are trying to drive outside then you will have to apply for a learning license.
How to make learning license in india
- Visit the official website of the Ministry of Road Transport Department
- Select your state on the home page of the website
- Then when the new page opens, you click on the new learner license, then you have to follow some instructions given to create the license.
- After clicking on continue on the new page, the application form will appear on your screen.
- You will fill out the application form correctly according to your
- After this, you have to upload all the important documents
- Now you will click on LL Test Slot Online and then click on the submit button.
- After this you have to go to RTO office, there you have to give your test. If you pass the test then you are given a Learning License.
How to make driving license in india
The learning license is valid for a few months. During this, you have to learn to drive. You have to reapply for the license before the learning license expires.
- For this, the candidates should visit the official website of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
- Select State.
- By clicking on apply online
- Click on New Driving License
- The stage will be given for driving license on the next page, click on continue
- Then fill in your learner’s license number and date of birth and click on ok, after that the application form will appear on your screen.
- You have to fill all the information in the form and upload all the required documents then click next.
- Now you have to select the time for DL’s appointment. After selecting the time and day, you have to appear at the RTO office at the same time on the same day.
- After that you have to pay the fees online. After completing the process, click on the submit button.
- Your test will be taken by the staff as per the given time. After passing this test, your driving license will be sent to you.
As soon as you learn to drive, you should get your driving license. Explain that under the Motor Vehicle Act of 1988, no person can use a vehicle without a driving license.
The point to be noted here is that before driving license you must have a learning driving license, and for this also you should know how to drive a vehicle.
As soon as you learn to drive a vehicle, immediately get your license by giving a driving test. Driving a vehicle without a license is also wrong and not right from the point of view of safety.